With the ratification of the Central deal, QECO became the entity which verifies certification. If you are already at Cat 4, then there is nothing you need to do as your information was transferred to QECO. If you are not at Cat 4 or you have extra degrees you would like considered, go to https://applications.qeco.on.ca to start the process. Once your application with QECO has been processed, they will issue you a new rating statement. Once you have that, don’t forget to email a copy of your new statement of evaluation to firstname.lastname@example.org the Supervisor of Employee Records or else you will never see any potential increases. See further details below.
Certification under QECO
Who Does What?
- Universities issue credits and degrees
- The Ontario College of Teachers issues your Certificate of Qualifications
- QECO determines your Category Rating
- Your collective agreement with your employer determines your actual pay
How it works:
- Teachers are Category-rated based on their academic backgrounds and trade records
- Until the Board receives your Category Rating, you will be paid at Category 1 rate of pay
- It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to inform the Board of your appropriate Category
So if you don’t have a Category Rating … GET ONE !!!
Steps for Category Upgrading with DDSB
- Request your Statement of Evaluation
- While awaiting your response, email a Pending Letter to Steven Grimes at DDSB indicating that you have requested an upgrade in your Category
- When you receive your new Statement of Evaluation, forward a copy along with the covering letter that you download from your QECO account to Steven Grimes
Thinking about upgrading?
- Once you apply to QECO, upgrading advice will accompany a completed evaluation.
- This ensures that the course will get you where you want to go